The AgChoice Scholars program is a unique experiential learning opportunity for a small group of Penn State students. It is a two-year program where Penn State students have a firsthand glimpse at the inner-workings of Pennsylvania’s largest agricultural
lender and the agricultural lending industry.
AgChoice recognizes that the agricultural industry and its needs are constantly changing and has established this program to help increase our candidate pool for future employees. The AgChoice Scholars program is also designed to build leaders for tomorrow’s
agricultural industry and offer students the opportunity to network with their peers, AgChoice staff and other industry representatives. This privileged group of students will receive:
• Hands-on experience in the agricultural finance industry
• Business and financial management training
• Leadership, teamwork and communications skills
• Scholarship money and other compensation
What does the AgChoice Scholars program involve?
AgChoice Scholars will have the opportunity to participate in many exclusive experiences. In addition to meeting coursework requirements, scholars in the program will be involved in a series of seminars, group projects and other specialized learning opportunities.
The overview below provides a brief outline for what students can expect in each year of the program.
Applicant agrees to take at least six of the prescribed 23 courses during his/her undergraduate career at Penn State. Please note that an interested student does not need to have all six courses completed at the time of application.
The list of eligible courses includes:
ACCTG 211, AG BM 101, AG BM 106, AG BM 200, AG BM 220, AG BM 308W, AG BM 407, AG BM 408, AG BM 420, AG BM 460, AN SC 410, AN SC 450, B A 250, ECON 002, ECON 004, FIN 100, FOR 440, MGMT 100, MGMT 301, R EST 301, SCM 200, W P 435, W P 437W.
If requested, other business or financial management related courses may be considered for approval.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines to be considered for the AgChoice Scholars program:
- Applicant must be a sophomore/junior in good standing at The Pennsylvania State University.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application.
- Applicant agrees to participate in the one year program.
- Applicant agrees to take at least six of the prescribed 23 courses during his/her undergraduate career at Penn State. Please note that an interested student does not need to have all six courses completed at the time of application