Pennsylvania’s leading rural lender is looking for a qualified, full- time Financial Specialist for its Reedsville office. Financial Specialists serve as in-office support for loan officers and as the second point of contact for customers. Their duties also
include coordinating loan servicing requirements, calling customers for financial updates, follow-ups, and handling general branch duties such as walk-ins. They are responsible for assisting in various other financially related services.
Our Financial Specialists work closely with a team of loan officers to service the financial needs of existing and prospective customers by packaging loans to ensure that organizational underwriting guidelines for documentation and analysis are achieved. You
will assist the staff in providing excellent customer service. Other duties include processing loan applications, promoting good customer relations and sales of all services, and general administrative support functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE FINANCIAL SPECIALIST ROLE:
- Provides in-office support to mobile sales force. A key function of the job is to handle a wide range of sales, servicing, and administrative duties so the loan officers are focused on business development in the field. Several key duties include:
- Communicating directly with customers to collect information and/or handle loan servicing requests.
- Answering borrower questions regarding all credit and financial services requests.
- Prioritizing loan requests and working with loan officers, credit analysts, and loan processors to deliver a high level of customer service. The FS serves as an internal contact to centralized staff when questions arise or follow up with customers is needed
during the loan process.
- Completing loan servicing activities on a timely basis. This includes collecting items such as financial statements, tax returns, borrowing base certificates, and/or other documents related to loan covenants.
- Implementing sales team marketing strategies. This includes ordering real estate searches to build prospect profiles and working with electronic databases to establish lists of potential customers. Assist with planning and coordinating a wide range of
customer events and promotional activities in the branch territory.
- The portfolio consists primarily of commercial Ag accounts and previous credit experience is a plus
- Handles a wide range of customer service focused tasks. Includes assisting walk-in customers, taking incoming calls from customers & prospects, and making outgoing contacts when delinquent payments occur. The FS processes local branch payments and performs
basic loan system maintenance. There are a variety of reports that are handled on a daily basis – this duty requires research and communication with customers and internal staff. The Financial Specialist is responsible to digitize documents to build electronic
customer files for loan staff. Also, assists with a variety of other office administrative duties on a daily basis.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relations, and customer service skills.
- Must be a quick learner, strong problem solver, and be adaptable to prioritize job duties. Organizational and sales skills are essential.
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the borrowers and the members.
- Superior knowledge of computer software applications
- Basic knowledge of loan processing, underwriting, accounting, and legal documentation.
An EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.