AgChoice Farm Credit is currently recruiting interns for the summer of 2019. The AgChoice summer internship experience allows students to work side-by-side with knowledgeable lending professionals to market, sell and analyze financial products and services to rural America. Sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply for the internship. The program is a paid, 8-9 week opportunity. Students work in one of our 10 branch locations.
The internship program includes spending time in our Headquarters building in Mechanicsburg. Associated travel and lodging accommodations will be taken care of.
The goals of the program include:
· Become familiar with AgChoice as a company, the office, loan files, and common documents
· Get introduced to basic credit work and some AgChoice computer programs
· Get a basic understanding of loan products and pricing
· Perform independent credit work and underwrite loans
· Understand how we process and service loans
· Understand how we appraise collateral and methods used
· Through job shadowing, observe key roles such as, Appraiser, Loan Officer, Financial Specialist, Loan Specialist and Credit Analyst.
Other components of the internship include:
· Group project
· Branch work
· Attending trade/commodity meetings
· Visiting with customers
· Attend internal trainings
AgChoice Farm Credit provides a hands-on, learning experience for summer interns. Students will get to see all aspects of our organization. With hands-on individual experience, an in-depth group project and the gratification of knowing you make a real contribution this is a challenging and rewarding experience for the students who participate.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.